My daughter needed something to give her energy, calm her nerves, and fill her up before work, so I invented this variation on the Apple Pie Green Smoothie for her. She loves it so much, she asks me to make it for her! And trust me, if she likes it, you’ll like it too!
Apple Pie Green Smoothie
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 large apple.
- A handful of kale
- 2 heaping tablespoons of coconut milk powder
- 1 tsp chlorella powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of ground seeds. I used a chia, flax, hemp combo. ( I ground them in my coffee grinder)
- 1 cup of ice
Blend everything except the ice together. I use the smoothie setting on my Blendtec Blender. Once blended, add the ice, and blend again. Check the consistency. If it’s a little watery, just add another 1/4 cup of ice, and blend one more time.
So on my quest to improve my health and thus use less healthcare, I’ve been “inventing” smoothies. Yesterday, I accidentally made one that was very disgusting. Lesson learned…never mix watermelon with kale. Ewwww. But today, I think I found the most harmonious concoction yet. I’ll dub it the Orange Cherry Creamsicle Smoothie.
- 1 large naval orange (peeled and divided)
- 1 cup of frozen sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ground chia, flax, hempseed mix (I just ground it in my coffee grinder)
- Blend all ingredients till smooth
- Add about 1 and 1/2 cups ice, and blend again.
This concoction was sooooo delicious. I can’t wait to make it again. The yogurt will provide some probiotics and the seeds will provide protein. The orange will give me the vitamin C I need to boost my immune system. It’s all natural and makes a great meal replacement for breakfast.