So on my quest to improve my health and thus use less healthcare, I’ve been “inventing” smoothies. Yesterday, I accidentally made one that was very disgusting. Lesson learned…never mix watermelon with kale. Ewwww. But today, I think I found the most harmonious concoction yet. I’ll dub it the Orange Cherry Creamsicle Smoothie.
- 1 large naval orange (peeled and divided)
- 1 cup of frozen sweet cherries
- 1/4 cup of plain greek yogurt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 heaping tablespoon of ground chia, flax, hempseed mix (I just ground it in my coffee grinder)
- Blend all ingredients till smooth
- Add about 1 and 1/2 cups ice, and blend again.
This concoction was sooooo delicious. I can’t wait to make it again. The yogurt will provide some probiotics and the seeds will provide protein. The orange will give me the vitamin C I need to boost my immune system. It’s all natural and makes a great meal replacement for breakfast.